Thursday, August 23, 2012

Confession:holding onto the moments even when it's hard

In the past 2 days I've been screamed at, pooped on, pulled on, screamed at, and screamed at some more. I've been trying as hard as I can to find joy in every moment (even the hard ones), because I've been reminded more than ever lately how short life really is.

I will be the first to admit that this seems impossible to do somedays. When you feel like there's a literal brick wall between you and your child, it's hard to find the joy there. When you struggle so deeply with depression through your child's first year and a half of life.. that nearly all of the good memories are stripped away, it's so hard to find the joy there. When your child is given the 'terminal' diagnosis that you never expected, it's very hard to find the joy there. When LIFE HAPPENS IT'S HARD TO FIND JOY IN IT ALL! Can I get an amen??

So the question is this: how do we move forward, how do we accept ourselves as imperfect human beings, and how do we joyfully live in a world that's so dark?

We remember that this isn't our home. We remember that God is bigger than anything life could ever throw at us, and we CHOOSE to believe that even in the midst of the darkness, God's will is being done.

I've had a few very difficult days this week, and my friends have really come alongside and encouraged me. With random flowers, candles, and cards.. there is joy in the midst of life's valleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment