Saturday, September 29, 2012

update, boring!

I've been wanting to update for so long, it's just been a matter of finding the time/energy to do it! I've gots to be honest, this past month or so has just been plain hard. I'm already wrapping up my first trimester which just doesn't seem possible- I'll be 10 weeks Monday! I've been sick, sick, SICK. Hardly able to eat anything at the start, and working my way back into some type of appetite.. it's been exhausting! I'm recovering from a horrible root canal and a UTI- both of which were/are very unpleasant! 2 rounds of antibiotics later and I'm feeling a little more human.. so I suppose this is good! Lord willing, I can put these 'first trimester health ailments' behind me now!! Baby is HEALTHY though!! He/she has a very strong heartbeat and I can already feel lots of little movements! I can't believe Ayden is going to be a big brother in just 7 months.. wow!

Not long after we found out we were expecting, we got news that my grandma has stage 4 cancer. It's so hard to grasp the gift of new life, and the end of a beautiful life at the same time.. my mind & emotions have been on a HUGE roller-coaster. She is considered stage 4 and will be starting chemo & radiation next month. With those treatments she's looking at somewhere around 1.5 years.. but without it would have been 6 months. She's taking steroids that make her miserable daily (sometimes 5x a day) and fighting with everything she has in her! I wish there was more I could do for her right now, and I'm having a hard time accepting that there isn't. I love her so much.

Ayden & Jaymes are both doing wonderfully. They are two peas in a pod these days, and Ayden much prefers 'dadda' over this girl! :) I think we're in the 'thick' of the terrible two's right now, and yet there are still sooo many times a day that I can't help but just smile at him! Ayden, you may be a strong willed little man, but I know your heart, and I love you for exactly who you are. Nothing will ever, EVER change that!

Jaymes got a promotion at work, a pretty huge one, and that will take effect next month! I'm very proud, he so deserves this. He's been working his butt off taking care of us all!! He goes to work, and then he comes home to a nauseous wife who half the time didn't cook anything for supper.. and never complains. aye aye aye.

I am blessed through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment