Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ella Lanay

As some of you know, I've been volunteering some of my time to work with this little angel weekly. She is the bravest person I know, and yes, she's a whopping 12 months old!! It's such a blessing to see how many lives she has touched in such a short time, and to see how she's drawing people (even strangers) closer to the One who cares most. I want to share with you how she has changed ME in just 6 months!

When I came alongside the Hunt family in this journey, I NEVER expected to be encouraged by them, to be changed by the perspective, and the way they live abundantly every day. It truly is amazing to see a family come together and fight this disease with unconditional love! Yes, medically speaking they have a terminally ill child, but when you go into their home that is the last thing on your mind.. Ella is such a happy baby, and she is so overwhelmed with love that she simply has no time to focus on the negatives of this illness. You walk into a home filled with the Holy Spirit, more so than I've felt in any other house! They focus on TODAY, not yesterday, but today. They capture and cherish every moment, even the not-so-fun ones, and give thanks even in the darkest of times.

I really started the healing process from my PPD/Anxiety when I saw how they were able to live in the midst of such chaos with hearts full of thankfulness and love. Before them, I didn't know how to do that on my own, I was simply stuck. I can never thank Ella, Erica, Dan, Noah & Carter enough for letting me be a part of this journey, and for encouraging me daily by the way they choose to not live in fear!! God is using them in such Mighty ways, and I am so humbled by their faith.

1 comment: