Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baby # 2!

Almost 14 weeks in, I'm going to stop and reflect on the beginning of this pregnancy! Somewhere around 7.5 weeks ago I took a positive pregnancy test, and then another! I was floored because all summer long I had 'thought' I was pregnant, but never took any positive tests.. I guess I just fully expected it to be negative like they had been for the past 6 months! However, I went from floored to excited very quickly!!! So many thoughts.. 'I'm having a baby, my SECOND baby, I'll have two!!! Ayden will be a big brother! Who do I call first? I need to schedule a doctors appt, I need vitamins, THAT'S why I feel so sick..' etc, etc, ETC!

And then it really kicked in (the hormones, that is) about a week later. Sick as a dog.. I couldn't eat anything with a scent, or a flavor. That left me to plain pringles and 7-up. Every morning I would roll over and shove about 6 pringles in my mouth, and have a sip of water. Then at lunch I would eat a few more, and try soooo hard to have a few bites of something (anything) nutritious. Dinner time was the worst. I would gag as I made dinner, and then not even be able to join Jaymes & Ayden while they ate. HORRIBLE. I am so happy to say that I survived my first trimester, and I can eat food now (so long as there's no garlic in it.) For whatever reason, garlic, onion, avocado, and coffee made me more nauseous than anything else at the beginning. And garlic still does, big time!! I will stay clear of that stuff for a good long while, I'm sure! :)


Baby has been perfectly healthy through it all, Praise the Lord!! Because I don't know how I provided "nutrients" to this child via pringles. HA!!

Sometime in early December we will find out gender!!!! :) :) We're so excited & impatient. This time we're hoping for girl, but will be more than happy with a boy too!! As we did with Ayden, we will keep the name a secret until delivery!

This baby will be here in 6 months. Holy moly.

No comments:

Post a Comment